- Written by Martin Høj Dahl
- Hits: 632
- Cache – A box or container that contains, at the very least, a logbook.
- Muggle – A non-geocacher.
- Muggled – Being caught by a non-geocacher while retrieving/replacing a cache; also, a muggled cache has been removed or vandalized by a non-geocacher, usually out of misunderstanding or lack of knowledge.
- Smiley – A cache find. Refers to the "smiley-face" icon attached to "Found It" logs on some listing sites.
- CITO – (Cache In Trash Out) Picking up trash on the hunt.
- CO – (Cache Owner) The person who is responsible for maintaining a cache, usually the person who hid it.
- DNF – (Did Not Find) Did not find the cache container being searched for.
- FTF – (First To Find) The first person to find a cache container; less commonly one may see STF (second to find, or TTF, third to find).
- FTL – (First To Log) The first person to log the find of a cache container online.
- GPS – Short for Global Positioning System, also occasionally refers to the receiver itself.
- GPSr – Short for GPS receiver.
Logging a hunt:
- TFTC – (Thanks For The Cache) This is often used at the end of logs to thank the cache owner.
Location description or hint:
- GZ – (Ground Zero or Geo-zone) refers to the general area in which a cache is hidden.